CGDI Webmapping Client Component (CWC2)
The CWC2 is a distributed, highly configurable, Open Source environment for
developing Web Mapping applications. It is built on OpenGIS Consortium standards
for Web Mapping Services (WMS) and WMT Viewer Contexts. The CWC2 was developed
by DM Solutions Group Inc under contract to ....
The CWC2 consists of several components, including:
- A CWC2 Service Instance that is repsonsible for the execution of an application.
The CWC2 Service instance can be installed either on a local or remote server.
- A templating architecture used to develop application templates in plain
- A core set of widgets that provide functionality commonly needed for web-based
A live CWC2 application consists of a CWC2 application template that is passed
to a CWC2 Service Instance to generate the application.
The following documentation is available for online use:
- CWC2 Adminstrator's Guide
- The Administrator's Guide provides details on getting, installing, configuring
and maintaining a CWC2 Service instance
- CWC2 Application Developer's Guide
- The Application Developer's Guide provides details on developing applications
that use a CWC2 Service instance.
the services already offered by the CWC2 Service Instance.
- CWC2 Core Widget Reference
- The Core Widget Reference documents the widgets available in the core set
of widgets provided with CWC2.
- CWC2 Widget Developer's Guide
- The Widget Developer's Guide describes how a developer can implement new